How does the Auto Sharp work?
The Auto Sharp is a mini CNC knife sharpener that offers effortless knife sharpening.
Follow these steps to a sharp knife:
- Place your knife inside the Auto Sharp.
- From what I can tell, you don’t even have to clamp the knife. The Auto Sharp does this for you.
- The built-in shape sensor detects the knife’s shape.
- The coarse belt sharpens one side of the blade, then the other side.
- The microscopic camera detects the blade’s burr.
- The fine belt removes the burr on one side of the blade, then removes it on the other side.
While all this is happening, switch on the kettle and make yourself an AeroPress coffee.
The Auto Sharp allows you to adjust the angle, speed and pressure at which it sharpens. This ensures that the blade doesn’t overheat. It also sharpens your knife at the perfect angle.