How to make milk coffee (MilkoPress)
Caution: heat your milk to no more than 158 Fahrenheit (70 degrees Celsius). Don’t burn it.
Let’s call this beverage the MilkoPress. Instead of using water to make the coffee with, we’ll use milk only.
You’ll need a thermometer for measuring the milk’s temperature.
Follow these steps:
- Place the AeroPress on a cup.
- Add two scoops of coffee to the AeroPress’ water chamber.
- Place a pot filled with water on the stove.
- Place a jug containing 400ml of milk inside the pot of water.
- Place the thermometer inside the jug of milk.
- Heat the milk to 158 Fahrenheit (70 degrees Celsius).
- Pour the milk into the water chamber up to the number 4 mark.
- Insert the plunger into the water chamber and press down.
- Remove the AeroPress from off the cup.
This is a fine beverage. Try it. It turned out sweet on our side. We drink lactose free milk. Not sure whether that has anything to do with it.
Caution: clean the AeroPress well after making milk coffee. A rinse won’t suffice. I removed the rubber foot of the plunger to clean it. Don’t take chances with rotten milk.